Base Entertainment Pty Ltd 79 614 209 782
Date: 1 September 2023
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, postcode and contact details.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions or activities, including producing and promoting performances and events by our Company, and only when it is necessary for, or directly related to our purposes. This information may be collected by venues on our behalf and provided to us where permission has been provided through an ‘Opt-In’ system through ticketing systems.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- contact details, including name, mailing or street address, email address and telephone number;
- your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Websites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information – where collected through our secure third party systems such as MailChimp;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys and any information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or to our representatives, or indirectly through your use of our Website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, such as individuals who purchase tickets on your behalf or your employer. We may collect this information:
- when you register on our Website;
- when you purchase tickets, or a person purchases tickets on your behalf, to our theatre productions, or to productions staged by our Company;
- when you communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- when you interact with our Websites, services, content and advertising; or
- from our partners, including third party suppliers, such as theatre and ticketing organisations, and third party service providers
We may also collect your personal information if you are, or are employed by, our production partners, organisations that hire our venues, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, agents and other partners.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to promote our upcoming performances and events;
- to enable you to access and use our Websites;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our Websites, programs, services and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages, information about upcoming performances, and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
Making you aware of carefully selected information about the Company, its programs and initiatives and other theatre related programs and services is an integral part of our services. We may use and disclose your personal information to tailor the communications you receive, to tell you about programs or initiatives provided by the Company or our partners that may appeal to you and to engage with you in relation to, and provide you information about, donations and other philanthropic opportunities.
We may also disclose to our trusted partners or media agencies, such as Facebook and Google, anonymised identifiers which are allocated to you, and which are associated with other information that we hold about you. We do this so that we can provide you with tailored information and content when you visit the websites of, or interact with, those partners and agencies.
These communications may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Privacy Act. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, please opt-out by using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication (eg. an unsubscribe link) or by contacting us using the details set out below.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including mail houses, IT providers, payment systems providers, consultants, contractors, agents and persons who collaborate with us or help us deliver programs and events);
- where we partner with another theatre or ticketing organisation for a production, or an organisation hires our venues for a production, to those organisations and their service providers;
- anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our third party service providers, including providers located in the United States.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage, remember your preferences and facilitate online transactions. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that puts the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of, or any content on, those linked websites, and have
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
Base Entertainment 4 Centre Grove
Healesville VIC 3777
T: 0408 332 180